Internal users of the companies can choose from three different mobile app development options- native, web and hybrid if companies are looking for an app for consumers. First of all you must be aware of all the three with benefits and drawbacks so that you can choose the best route for your needs.
Web application- on the user’s device these applications run on the web browser. Custom designed applications that are built to look and feel like native apps but on the user’s device they aren’t actually located. It includes proper sizing and scrolling web application often function similar to native application if designed properly.
Benefits of web application-
- It can work in type of OS platform and are easier to maintain
- Using HTML, JAVA script and CSS fast development cycle
- Mobile app developers can offer apps at their own pace, without the need for app store approval
Caveats of web application-
- There is less control over security as users must go through the web
- On user’s device web apps cannot access. It restricts many functions that native app use to tailor the experience
- Being not in catalogued and searchable within an app store so finding an app is difficult.
Native application- It is platform specific and requires unique expertise. The platform can be leveraged with full potential, which will drive great user experience and large app capability. Can be pricey based on requirement and to develop takes longer time. It is built for single mobile platform. With native apps mobile app development services can custom build their app to provide a quality user experience one that compliments a web site or channels that customers are using already. And this continuity is the advantage of this application.
Benefits of native application-
- Consumers can receive alert when they are near to the physical store by the help of geo-location tagging that allows companies to tailor their promotional and loyalty opportunity
- They typically run and feel better and are sometimes are built to mimic native apps but are restricted to internet speed
- Making easy to judge the effectiveness of app features or promotions user’s action can be easily captured and analyzed
Drawbacks of native apps-
- Companies that need multiple OS platforms it is expensive to develop
- Have to be approved by the individual app stores and garnering interest in app can be difficult
Hybrid Application- Canbe easily deployed across multiple platforms. It is the cheapest and faster solution. Hybrid apps function as a middle ground between native and web application. They are located in app stores. They are designed to run through a mobile browser’s web view.
Benefits of hybrid application-
- It offers most functionality and customization for the user
- Mobile app developers are not locked into a certain OS platform. Instead they can build hybrid apps that can work with multiple platforms
- Mobile app developers that are building visual intensive application such as games hybrids are good options
Drawbacks of hybrid application-
- Very complex apps
- Sometimes app stores rejects hybrid apps if they don’t perform fluidly
- Mobile application development requires traditional time and effort in order to give native look
There are several factors that you should consider when you step up to make the best mobile application for your target users. These highlights help you in choosing the proper type of mobile app that is influenced by the several factors such as technical expertise of mobile app developers, the need to access the internal device information, the impact internet speed and the platform of the app.